Friday, May 28, 2010

Big Boy

I love going out to breakfast! Breakfast is, without a doubt, my favorite meal of the day. I saw an ad on tv last night for Big Boy. They have a breakfast meal that is $3.99. It includes two eggs, two sausage links, two strips of bacon, hashbrowns, and your choice of toast or hotcakes. Mike and I went out this morning for breakfast there, and it was delicious!!

Of course, now I have to compensate for the day to make up for the hashbrowns. I only allow myself a very little bit of "bad carbs" a day. Bad carbs would be white breads and pasta, white rice, potatoes. It's almost impossible to completely avoid, so I monitor how much I get a day. I even include any meat that is breaded, like chicken nuggets or fried chicken.

It is fairly easy to do. If I want a potato or fries, I use sweet potatoes instead. They are delicous, even better than regular in my opinion. You can do baked, fries, mashed. When I get pasta I buy whole wheat, which is still tricky if it isn't high enough in fiber. I buy long grain brown rice instead of white, which is a hard one for me because I love white rice. Especially when I have chinese, which is another area I need to be careful with. So much chinese food is breaded and deep fried. I love chinese food too! My favorite ethnic food. I could eat it everyday!!! MMMMM, I'm making myself hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment