Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer School

Well, today was Jacob's first day of Summer school. He goes twice a week, Tuesday and Thursdays. He really needs to be going all week, because school gives him stability. He wakes up, and he knows it's time to get dressed and go wait for the bus. He has a regular routine at school, and when he gets home he does the same things. It keeps him going. He's been going nuts these last few weeks since school has been over. He doesn't know what to do with himself. He hasn't been sleeping well, he's been getting testy, and being mean to Nathan. He had a hard time falling asleep last night, and was very tired today. His paraeducator said that he had a nice calm day. I'm glad it went well.

Yesterday, things weren't going well for any of us. Jacob kept picking and bullying Nathan, so I kept having to discipline him and he would get upset. Nathan was upset because of the bullying. I was upset because I had two upset boys, and I was in alot of pain. Finally, we all lost it. All three of us. We sat on Jacob's bed, and cried and cried and cried for about five minutes. Then Nathan perked up and tried being cute, while Jacob and I kept crying! I tell you though, it's hard to continue being miserable while Nathan is sticking his smiling little face in mine and giving me kisses!

Sunday the boys spent the day at my parents, while my sisters were visiting. Mike and I stayed home and cleaned the boys' room almost thoroughly! Which is why I was in so much pain yesterday. We have two big boxes of toys we are donating, and still several big boxes of toys to go through. We need to get rid of about 95% of the toys we have. They don't get played with, just stepped on. When the boys got home Sunday night, I could just tell they were thinking "Where's all our stuff?" I followed them into the bedroom and showed them where we put their toys away, and books are on the bookshelf. I tell you, it's alot easier to get them to clean up their room when it isn't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment