Wednesday, June 23, 2010

School

Mike is going back to college, which is something I've been thinking about for a year or so. We went to LCC yesterday so Mike could do his assessment testing and talk with the advising and counseling staff, figure out financial aid, all that stuff. He can sign up for classes tomorrow morning.

Well, being there helped me to realize that I wouldn't be the only older person there. Most people my age have probably already finished college, and I didn't want to go and feel old! But I saw alot of people there older than me!!!

So, I talked it over with Mike, and decided I am going to go to college! I am gearing towards child development, maybe special education. They have alot of grants they are giving away to Moms for going back to school. Between financial aid, and special grants for being a Mom, I should get away with not paying much for school.

I am nervous. I'm not very smart, did horrible in Highschool. I'm afraid I will flunk out the first semester. I have to take an assessment test before I can sign up for classes on Friday, and I swear that computer will start luaghing at me! Either that or blow up. Please pray I learn quickly and do well.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have heard it mentioned that the assessment test is not too bad. I hope this is true :)

    I've thought about going to college, but I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, really! That is why I'm staying geared towards something with kids. I know I am good at it! I also figure if I stick towards child education, I can homeschool that much better in the future. That is, if I decide to.

    ReplyDelete