Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grades

Well, I had an essay that was returned on Monday with a current grade. I got 36 out of an available 50 points on it. I was pretty happy about that! What the teacher does is grade the essay, leave comments and tips on how to improve it and return it to us. We can then resubmit the essay to her as many times as we want before our portfolio is due at the end of the semester, to try getting a higher grade. I like that, because I can keep raising my score til I'm satisfied.

I also had a pop quiz on Monday in math. I haven't received the grade for it yet though, so I am pretty anxious to see how I did. I feel as if I understood what I was doing, and did most everything correctly, but I won't know for sure til they post the grades.

I have a test in Child Development tomorrow going over the first 5 chapters we've studied so far. I am working on drilling the terminologies into my head, so hopefully I will do well. Please pray for me to have a clear head about this.

The boys are really starting to miss me. I've been gone at classes so much, and gone for three days over the Labor day weekend. And when I am home, I'm studying instead of spending time with them. It is beginning to affect Nathan most. All he wants is me, no matter what is going on. Jacob is getting upset anytime we are getting ready to go somewhere, because he thinks we are going to disappear for two days. Please pray they aclimate quickly to this new lifestyle, and that they have peace of mind that I will always come back home to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment